Nepal Experiential Shamanic Pilgrimage
Nepal, the Heart of World Shamanism and Centre of Learning
September 9- 23, 2024
(without trekking in the mountains)
Since time immemorial, the Nepali people have preferred their habitations to be in the higher hills and mountains, far from the flat plains and close to heaven, to allow their souls to merge with clouds and otherworldly realms.The towering height and vast open spaces of these uncontaminated terrains have influenced people’s characteristics, thoughts and ways of life for millennia.
The mountain deities and spirits are the grounding and protective forces that people invoke and propitiate in their everyday lives – whether to seek support or celebrate events. To these sacred lofty Himalayas, people embark on pilgrimages annually or semi-annually.
The Proposed Programmes
Each day of these experiential pilgrimages will offer new revelations and opportunities to explore the richness of Nepali culture and practice, presented in morning, afternoon and night sessions with lunch and dinner breaks.
After spending two days understanding and exploring the Sanatana-Vedic-Dharma and Buddhist cultures of Kathmandu, Pashupatinath, and Boudhanath, the participants are accompanied to a serene and nature-immersed village for a five-day retreat. Here, the Dhami-Jhankri-Shamans (men and women) help us understand and navigate through their initiation, apprenticeship, rituals, healing sessions, divinations, creation of sacred protective amulets, fire rituals and hot water cleansing rites.
After five days of intense retreat, the participants will hike to Changunarayan and Bhaktapur (approximately four hours excursion) and stay in Bhaktapur for three days and nights, visiting the Mother Goddess shrines, Bhairung temples and some local healers.
On returning to Kathmandu, the participants will visit Patan- the City of Beauty, Budhanilakantha, Swayambhu Chaitya, and other places- and offer rituals in the power places.
On the final day of the pilgrimage, empowerment and initiation will be bestowed.
Services Included In The Package:
- International flight tickets to and from Kathmandu, Nepal
- Nepal tourist visa: You can obtain an entry visa on arrival at the airport by paying a fee of US$ 40 for two weeks (please check updates before you embark on this trip)
- Tips to the service providers like guides, homestays, drivers and assistants
- Perks and gratitude to the Shamans and elders
- Insurance of all types (health insurance, baggage loss or damage, trip cancellation, rescue due to sickness or unforeseen circumstances, natural calamities and any transport charges not mentioned in the itinerary)
- This document does not include personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, drinks, and other fees.